Question about Fuel?????

SHWELL

Registered
I have a buddy who uses cl12?, cs12? or somethig like that. It is leaded fuel. I personally use an unleaded 103 oct fuel for the track. My question is; will the leaded fuel ruin his bike. Is it safe to use in our bikes?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
Thanx for the help.

rock.gif

leaded fuel ? Where the hell does your buddy get that ? I thought it was illegal in North America. If it is available, why would you use it ?

It all depends on what all is done to your bike. Is he running a high comp. mtr or what? Stock mtr's run great on 87octane or VP ultimate 4. VP C-12 is for a higher compression motor.

stock motor busas' hate c 12..... my mph goes from 147 down to 138 using c 12. my bike only turnes 152 with spray using c 12 vs 161 with 108

if your spaying then u should be using c16, if just motor the ultimate 4 would be ok. just remeber with the ultimate 4 its going to lean it out alot.

lead will not hurt it. If it is stock mtor you don't need it. Most race fuels are leaded.

I can tell you what I know but some people may think different.
Leaded will not hurt your bike, but unless you need it dont use it.
The higher the RON of the fuel the less power you will make if your bike is stock or std comp. Hi grade fuel like c12, c16 or elf124 which are leaded is used only in bikes that have a comp ratio of 13:1 & higher or turbo bikes that run over 12psi boost.
That is when you need a good grade fuel to get best performance.

Back