New To The Game

What's up everyone??
I just started racing for the first time on the drag strip. I am from up north (Connecticut) and we race the 1/4 mile. I ran down in Englishtown, NJ a couple of weeks ago and my best time was 11.2 I think I know what the problem was. Other than the fact that my reaction time sucked (.76), I am running D&D Drag Pipes and never had the bike rejetted. Yesterday I had a Power commander added to the Busa, and it Dyno'd out at 148 HP to the rear wheel. I am shure this will increase my times (along with more practice). Tell me this, with out cracking the engine open, what other mods can be done?
rock.gif
.........Big Daddy

First, Make certain your running a #6 Primary Jet, anything else and your just choking the shid outta your Busa. I would definitely take your Busa to a Tunershop though and let them know that you want to have it re-jetted. If they charge you more than about $200 your getting robbed, though in fairness, getting main-jets installed on a Busa is a pretty difficult thing.

After that, Do some research online, read up on the Hayabusa, and results others have had. Just about anything you would want to know is out there.

148HP is pretty low for a Full system and a PC... Go get it tuned, they will square you away. As it is, the bike sounds broken.

Then, once it's properly tuned, you'll want to get a new Tripple tree Cover that allows you to lower the front end, and some adjustable dogbones to lower the rear. Get low and get faster. Then PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE... Don't go spend a ton of money on modifications to try to compensate for shiddy ridding skills. Here on the board Cache is a perfect example of skills and experiance dropping ET WAY better than $1000's spent on Bullshit and Chrome. Get it low, and Practice.

Oh and let me know what you think of the new Jets, the Tuner might look at you funny, but insist on #6 main- Jets, don't take any crap from them guys...
biggrin.gif

Rev

I also live in CT and will try to help you out. Give me a call 732-0103. Call anytime I'm outta work with a broken foot.

Jim

Well if you want the most out of your busa take those D&D drag pipes off and sell them to the first sucker you can find. I have only seen 1 busa with them and it ran like poop even after some dyno time and more proof is you only made 148hp. You should look into getting another exhaust such as a BDE Gen3, Muzzy, Akro, ect. I also think you need more seat time in order to turn decent numbers.
blush.gif

Thanks alot fella's. Like I said, I am new to the game and any info that I can get is greatly appreciated. I did not know that 148 Hp was on the low side. I guees I better look at getting those Drag Pipes off, or changing the jets. I hate to get rid of the pipes because they sound mean as hell!! Anyway, I am sure I will figure out something. And Streaker, I will be giving you a call. Thanks alot guys and be safe.......Big Daddy

Well if you still want your bike to be loud then go to www.brockracing.com and take a look at his street megaphone, it will actually make power instead of loosing power like that D&D and it will be plenty loud without the baffle.

Bro... You really should probably ask around the board about getting your Busa Re-jetted before doing ANYTHING ELSE... I would PM JOHNYCHEESE here on the board, or ask the Fine Folks at SUZUKIHAYABUSA.org.... Just tell the folks that Revlis From Hayabusa.org told you to ask about some Re-Jetting Information.

They are a lot more technical over there and will prolly get you squared away in no time... In the meantime, I would do a web-search and find as much info as possible about the Hayabusa, READ READ READ Man.... Learn all you can, then decide what to do next...

Revlis
wink.gif

I don't know which one to be ashamed of...

rock.gif

practice dude... 600's run 11.2's go practice practice practice

(don't be offended... i'm slow too 10.4 @ 136 is my best)

Re-jetting...No...You do however need to hang around the other sections and soak up some info before you start spending money...
evil.gif

boost you'll get the most power for your money.

first of all your hayabusa is fuel injected with throttlebodies, you need a power commander and a gen 3 brock hindle exhaust, my stock busa with these mods dynoed 173 rwhp on pump gas,

Revlis, a little sarcastic ain't ya? Course I agree, if you own a busa and think you gotta have it rejetted, you need to buy a KAWI.

smile.gif
Well It was going good till Animal tranquilizer Racing messed it up.
cool.gif

But Really it's important to read and learn about what your into, it'll make you a better rider and your bike will thank you for knowing the basics. So yeah... I just hope that the guy did get out there and read a little.

OH and PCP... You mean the busa isn't Carburated?
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

how did you guys know i started out in animal pharmaceuticals. well im legit now and the only thing on dope and steroids is my busa.

<!--EDIT|pcpracing
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094860831 -->

Back