What are the best tires for street/strip?

Power225

Registered
I want to get a tire that will last a little while on the street, but performs well at the strip? Please recommend tires, sizes, and pounds of pressure to run. Thanks

I just started to run a Shinko R003 190/50/17...Hard enough for the street and sticky enough for the track...I run a 6" ext and it hooks like crazy...Feels really good on the street...
evil.gif

I also run a Shinko 190/50/17 on my busa. I run about 25psi in it on the street and track. Its a little heavier than most tires but it last a long time on the street and hooks great at the track. You just have to be sure to heat it up good at the track.

Mickey Tompson shootout for the track. If you're runnin' a long arm you probably shouldn't be too concearned with street performance.

dont ride the Mickey on the street.

I use the shinko since I hit the street once in a while (wild hair - not legal bike)
biggrin.gif

Been using the Metzeler M1, but it's longevity seems to be decreasing with each purchase. I may try to Avon next. I do love the Metzeler's gripping in straights & twisties though.

BD

Stunnah, I checked the site and found
PT003-190 17 X 190 X 50, Rear $159.95. Just trying to make sure this is the same tire you are talking about because you called it an R003. Thank you for the response.

Stunnah, do you run this tire on the stock wheel or did you buy an aftermarket wheel? Would you recommend running it on the stock wheel?

This is the part number Schnitz has listed PT003-190  17 X 190 X 50, Rear $159.95  for the Shinko Stealth. Oh yeah and there is no need for a new rim it will fit on the stock one perfect.

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094271720 -->

If I buy the Shinko rear tire is it neccessary to buy the front tire also. PT003-120/70 17 X 120 X 70, Front $109.95. Would you guys recommend this tire as something that would make my quarter times any faster, and what about the wear? Thanx!!!

No you don't need to get the front I still use my stock front tire. It will not make your 1/4 times any better unless your spinning at the track with your current tire. The shinko wears great and will last a good while for the weekend racer.

a 6 over arm and was at only 4" over stock 1.56 60ft and run 8.8s to 9 teens @ 157-159 with spray with no spinning with15 lbs tire psi on siverstreak this was on a shinko, the bike is running low 160 mph now but we are having clutch issues now. note the poor 60ft time

Back