1/8 Mile Times

ca4816

Registered
I took my 02 Busa to the track for the first time last night. My bike is stock with a K&N filter and yoshi slip-ons. My best ET was a 6.76 at 110 MPH and best 60 ft of 1.77. I think this is pretty good, but how does this compare to some of you more seasoned riders on stock bikes??

My bike is lowered in the rear and strapped in the front with Two Bros slip ons other than that its bone stock. The best I have ran is a 6.47 at 115 with a 1.64 60'. I usually run 6.50's and I weigh about 160lbs in street cloths. I do drag race every weekend though.
wink.gif

Man that's amazing! How do you launch so well? I ran my best time launching at 2500 RPM. When I went above that, I couldn't keep the front wheel down or else I smoked the tire. I forgot to mention I weigh 205 in street clothes and I'm still running my stock rear tire with 2300 miles on it.

The best way to slip the clutch on a busa is to hold the lever at the point where the clutch just starts to want to grab and then smoothly slip it out. I leave at about 6000rpm on mine and just slip the heck out of the clutch. Is you bike lowered? If not lower it and I bet you will run atleast a tenth or so faster. Also seat time is very important the more you get the faster you will get.

Oh yeah thats some nice numbers for the first time at the track on a busa.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093071900 -->

I went to the track today and set my new best E.T. I ran a 6.46 @115 with a 1.66 60'.
biggrin.gif
Blue: Where do you race at?

Postal (Stafford, VA)
I race a bracket series here in Waynesboro Va 22980 at a local track named Eastside Speedway. I also go to Maryland and run the Superbike Showdown races at Buddscreek. GMbusa on here also races at Eastside on occasion.
Have you ever tried the 1/8 mile at Manassas?

I'm close to 245 suited, stock wheelbase, foot shifting, geared 16-43 stock motor tiforce pipe I got my personal best of 6.36 115 in the 1/8 but hit the rev and only went 9.87 142 in the 1/4 with a 1.62 60ft.

on the built busa I go 5.80s

I went to the track today and set my new best E.T. I ran a 6.46 @115 with a 1.66 60'.
biggrin.gif
Blue: Where do you race at?

Postal (Stafford, VA)
I race a bracket series here in Waynesboro Va 22980 at a local track named Eastside Speedway. I also go to Maryland and run the Superbike Showdown races at Buddscreek. GMbusa on here also races at Eastside on occasion.
Have you ever tried the 1/8 mile at Manassas?
Nope I have been wanting to go up there but I never hear about any big bike races happening other than when Prostar runs there once a year. If you happen to find any info about any all bike races up there let me know.

16 tooth in front
lowered 3 in rear
strapped in front
akro pipe
air shifter

leave at 2500-3000
1.58 60'
6.26 1/8 mile 117
9.59 1/4 mile  144

<!--EDIT|xtremecycle61
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093399460 -->

Postal,

We met a couple of weeks ago at Extreme Power Sports in Fred.  Anyway, I went to Summerduck 1/8 mile track on the last 2 Tues/Thurs test and tune nights.  Lots of fun especially on Tues. nights.  Not many people there at all.  You can get a lot of runs in.  My 60' times suck!  My best is 2.00
sad.gif
 I can't launch at all.  My best ET was only 7.3@104.  Drop me a line sometime and we can hook up at Summerduck or Manassas or for a ride.  I've never been to Manassas but Ric told me it was a GREAT 1/8 track.

Todd
tkplmn@yahoo.com

i just ran a 6.04 1/8 mile at the track this weekend. 9.24 1/4 not to bad.. i know theres a 9 teens in there some where.....plus my fat ass weights 200# me+ jenny craig= 8's for sure.
biggrin.gif

Postal,

We met a couple of weeks ago at Extreme Power Sports in Fred.  Anyway, I went to Summerduck 1/8 mile track on the last 2 Tues/Thurs test and tune nights.  Lots of fun especially on Tues. nights.  Not many people there at all.  You can get a lot of runs in.  My 60' times suck!  My best is 2.00
sad.gif
 I can't launch at all.  My best ET was only 7.3@104.  Drop me a line sometime and we can hook up at Summerduck or Manassas or for a ride.  I've never been to Manassas but Ric told me it was a GREAT 1/8 track.

Todd
tkplmn@yahoo.com
Welcome to the website Todd! Hope you can hook up with us and ride soon.

Tom.
beerchug.gif

Back