1st time at strip on a bike

V6RACER

Registered
Well I finally did it. Went to the strip last weekend after owning my busa for a year. I think I did ok but I didn't get into the nines..lol It was really hot and humid. I ran two back to back passes: 10.61 and 10.56
I am 225 lbs and I have a BMC filter and BT014 tires, everything else is stock.

Here is the better of the two passes..
RT .752
60' 1.88
330' 4.70
1/8 6.95@108.34
1/4 10.56@135.73

Questions for you guys:
Is this pretty good for the first time out?
How much et will I pick up if I lower it and put a 16t front sproket on?
How much will it pick up if I put an airshifter on?

yes that is an average first time for a guy your wieght with those mods in humid conditions.you also have to factor in what the corrected elevation is at the track you ran at.
if you cut your 60 foot time to a low 1.6 then poof,your at around a 10.1-10.2 so work on your short times,get a strap for the front end and definitely go one down on the front sprocket,lowering it will help keep it down and in turn help your short times,air shifter manufactures claim that it will shave a tenth off your times... if your not having trouble shifting then dont spend the money in my opinion.

Well I finally did it. Went to the strip last weekend after owning my busa for a year. I think I did ok but I didn't get into the nines..lol It was really hot and humid. I ran two back to back passes: 10.61 and 10.56
I am 225 lbs and I have a BMC filter and BT014 tires, everything else is stock.

How much will it pick up if I put an airshifter on?
If you can shift good enough to go tens, don't add an air shifter.

Red, *<(:{)-

CHEAP UPGRADES/FRONT STRAP I LEAVE MINE ON JUST TIGHTEN UP WHEN AT THE TRACK-ADJUSTABLE DOGBONES ONLY TAKES A COUPLE MINUTES TO INSTALL I LEAVE MINE IN THE MIDDLE GOT BOTH AT ORIENTAL EXPRESS-1 TOOTH SMALLER FRONT 16T-2 TEETH UP IN BACK 42T/$$$UPGRADES D/D PIPE -PCIIIR- TRE

mid 9s 1/4 mile//zinc city which is only a 375' track .500 tree not much of a shutdown
.544 reaction
1.547 60ft
93.40 mph
4.466 et

Sprockets, strap, dog bones and maybe extend...You'll be in the nines easy...
evil.gif

mph is down in the 1/8th & 1/4. Should be around 112-115 in the 1/8 and 139-145 in the 1/4

It will get better, it's all in the 60ft!!! My first pass ever I went 10.39, 2nd pass was 10.21, same with the third and forth passes. Last pass of the night was the best at 10.14. The only mods I have are lowering links in the rear, front schnitz strap and a 16t front sprocket. Stock exhaust!! Gonna put a 42t on the rear, I'm going thru the traps at around 9800 rpm's in 4th gear. GL

Back