I hate the 1/4 mile

24k05BusaRider

Registered
:rofl: Now that I have your attention. First time down the track. I am in LOVE
Only had 1 good pass 10.86 at 137 yeah im slow i know. Second pass I spun real bad and hit the sign after the tree. Leg is a little banged up but over all it was great. Now i have to go back and go for 9's.

Note. always wear your gear. Another guy did the same thing on the same lane and he had just pants on. will post pics of my bikes scars when my wife gets home.

wow they let gus race in shorts?

BE carefull did you pull 2 right.
Sometime guys lean that way without relizing cause turning throttle so tend 2 lean that way.

When i lined up there's a guy there that told me where to go. So i rolled back and got right. There were a few people having problems with that lane. And my wife was only worried about the wheelies :rofl: Tire pressure was at 25psi could this have been the problem, or maybe i need a u soft or some other sticky tire.

the bad

Picture 166.jpg

Picture 167.jpg

Picture 168.jpg

maybe you just hit a slick spot in the track or maybe the bike before you dropped oil on the track. It doesnt take much

drag racing looks like a easy sport to do when you are watching it all you have to do is cut a good light and run on your dial in and you you will win:laugh:.then you get out there on the track and start to think this sport is a little harder than it looks:laugh:
good et for first time out

I'm kinda just learning on my own.So i just watch people. I thought i saw some liquid on the ground from a drag car that had just went and broke. I'm not shore but my tire spun like i was doing a burn. i gotta thank the wife for taking these pics so i can learn of and laugh about.

12-16 psi...u-soft or other sticky tire, try the grove further away from the sign

Forget about the 9s,just learn to launch smooth then let the little guys from japan take over. 9s will come on there own:thumbsup:

Coulda been a lot worse. Always look for oil and coolant, if you see any don't be afraid to tell the track staff. like Dragon said, focus on your launch, the 9's will come. Run as high tire pressure as the track will hold.

The bodywork doesnt looked cracked. It actually looks like just paint from the wall. You may be able to buff most of that out

Yeah i was thinking the same thing. I will try this weekend. The one above the stator cover is the only real scratch took my paint off.

Back