Tell me what im doing wrong

HeyABusa

Registered
ok heres the rundown its my father in laws Busa its a 2006 LE with a pc3usb, yosh r22 bling full system, bmc race, small box mod, pair removed, 12inch stretch, stock gearing,super fancy wheels and a cheap ish tire, and its slammed, my issue is the bike will run 7.0's in the 1/8th all night but it traps higher then it should for the times 107-109 mph it cuts consistent 1.8 60fts i feel the bike should be going faster then it is tell me what im doing wrong i want this bike atleast going 6.30-6.50's :please: and yes it is pretty much a show bike but my paw in law is getting highly interested in the sport i love which excites the piss out of me so help me masters of the straight and narrow

Last edited:
Make sure the tune is right or get it mapped. Maybe lower the gearing some....

Too much arm for stock motor, I'd bet it spins..... What does the rider weigh? MPH is low unless it's a very heavy bike/rider combo. If it's a light total weight then you prolly ain't making the power you should be. Times are slow due to the slow 60. With that much arm you can leave as hard as you want, it won't come over on ya. Will prolly spin it's a$$ off tho. If he digs the look, leave it alone but if he's serious about racing he either needs a whole lot more motor, or about half the arm. Gearing and learning to 60' the bike will put in the 6.30 or lower range.
Tell him to consider what he wants to use the bike for, and modify accordingly. Not knocking the show bike deal at all, but usually they don't make good race bikes.
Oh yeah n get him on board here as a member, we would love to have him....

Last edited:
++1
Too much arm for stock motor, I'd bet it spins..... What does the rider weigh? MPH is low unless it's a very heavy bike/rider combo. If it's a light total weight then you prolly ain't making the power you should be. Times are slow due to the slow 60. With that much arm you can leave as hard as you want, it won't come over on ya. Will prolly spin it's a$$ off tho. If he digs the look, leave it alone but if he's serious about racing he either needs a whole lot more motor, or about half the arm. Gearing and learning to 60' the bike will put in the 6.30 or lower range.
Tell him to consider what he wants to use the bike for, and modify accordingly. Not knocking the show bike deal at all, but usually they don't make good race bikes.
Oh yeah n get him on board here as a member, we would love to have him....

keep the 12'' arm, get a shinko 003 u soft. and dont be shi on the burn out. if that bike's running right, you can make low 6's. thats after you get the 60' foot down. sounds like the drag bug has struck agian! where are you running at?

Im running @ bama dragway in sumiton,alabama the bike actually doesnt spin at all it ran a 6.86 @ 110 saturday night better but still not satisfied i weigh right at 240lbs in street clothes i keep getting told the stock gearing is whats killing the bike i might talk my paw in law into buying some sprockets and a airshifter he is loving the racing scene and his bike is super clean so people are always complementing his bike so he is always asking me if we're goin to the track on sat nights i love it i just wish my terd was together so i can beat up on him and make him wanna go faster lol

and also if this adds any confirmation on the gearing the bike is going through the traps just clicking into 3rd gear @ like the 600ft mark

Go -1 on front and + 3 or 4 on the rear. I'm about 250 in street clothes, close to 300 in full gear. Basically stock motor, head has been cleaned up and I have a thinner head gasket. Sidewinder, full airbox mod, shifter, 2-step, 003 U-soft. 6 inch arm set at 64". -1 +4 gearing. Will run 6.20's @116 all night long, 1.5x 60' times. My best time to date is 6.18 @ 118, 1.52 60'. Bike has gone 5.98@121/1.48 60' with a jockey.
I still say 12" arm is overkill and will cause traction issues, but if that's your thing so be it. It's not spinning because you're not leaving hard enough in my opinion.

Last edited:
i agree my bike is at 64" with a shinko and it wheelied a lil bit when it had the stock motor and a "lil bit of spray" but like i said his is slammed and stretched way out (show bike) it really doesnt spin at all leaving at around 5500 with about 15lbs of pressure in the rear tire i guess we shall try a gearing change and go from there. :thumbsup:

Back