Went to the track for the first time

lowazzaccord

Registered
well, they wouldnt let me run because i didnt have leather pants, but i let a friend of mine run my bike...

10.1@138.57mph

im pretty happy with it. all the regulars were saying that the track conditions were shitty and people were running an average .5 slower than normal. bike only had a full muzzy system on it, nothing else.

Just did TRE, air box mod, and k&N filter and i am goin back to the track this weekend. hope to hit mid 9's..

What track were you at? I doubt everyone was off.5 maybe a tenth or two but not five. Were going to Englishtown on Saturday for the Top Street race. hen on Sunday it's a NHRA open and you've got the chance to win a "Wally".

ok, not to sound like an a-hole but 1) if you did an airbox mod why would you bother putting in an air-filter. what was your mod??? 2) with out doing a few more things to your bike not to burst your bubble, you will not hit mid 9's.....sorry bro it just aint gonna happen.....it takes some work to drop .5 seconds especially if your a first time rider.....remember your whole time is decided in the first 330 feet and under....if you have a poor 330 there is much you can do to make it up.......reaction+60 foot+ 330 make for a good pass the rest is a no brainer.......sorry if this comes off as harsh but i'm just telling the truth.

you will not hit mid 9's.....sorry bro it just aint gonna happen.....it takes some work to drop .5 seconds especially if your a first time rider.....
I think he was counting the .5 secs everyone was off so with that time off he would run mid 9s. But i have a question for everyone i went to the track today and watched the motorcycles race. there was a guy on a busa who ran a 9.4. Now i know this is no biggie but his freakin front wheel was up and his feet were down the whole time. is this normal? When coming off the line do u pin the throttle or just roll on quickly?

personally, i pin it and spray it.......but i get my feet right on and tuck. if his feet were out he's got an air shfter but really he should get them back on and tuck........just my 2 cents.

personally, i pin it and spray it.......but i get my feet right on and tuck.  if his feet were out he's got an air shfter but really he should get them back on and tuck........just my 2 cents.
and your bike doesnt leave the ground
rock.gif

ok, not to sound like an a-hole but 1) if you did an airbox mod why would you bother putting in an air-filter.   what was your mod??? 2) with out doing a few more things to your bike not to burst your bubble, you will not hit mid 9's.....sorry bro it just aint gonna happen.....it takes some work to drop .5 seconds especially if your a first time rider.....remember your whole time is decided in the first 330 feet and under....if you have a poor 330 there is much you can do to make it up.......reaction+60 foot+ 330 make for a good pass the rest is a no brainer.......sorry if this comes off as harsh but i'm just telling the truth.
I run an air filter in my bike. I ride/race on the street so I like to have some protection from the elements. It depends on how far you mod your box.A bike can be tuned with a good filter in it. If you do a full box mod then there is no use in putting an air filter in it,because the air will get pulled undernieth it.
Reaction time has nothing to do with your et.Reaction time only matters if you are racing someone else. I'm with you on the 60' and 330' though. People think the 60' is the most important but it's the 330' that's the number. I've had great 60's but wheelie and ruin my 330'. On the other hand I've had good 60's with a great 330' and have run excellent passes.The pefect combo is a great 60' and a great330' and the rest is cake.

so streaker how do u keep the wheel down if your nailing it out the gate?

How is your bike set up? My bike is slammed and I have the front strapped. Everyone has there own riding style,I leave at 3,500 and open it up and slide the clutch as soon as the lights fall. Some people roll the throttle on and don't slide it much. Here is a pic of my bike,it's not totally strapped in the front in this picture and I got rid of that carbon fiber seat. I have a stock seat that has been cut down. If you want to see it let me know.

Jim

<!--EDIT|streaker00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095646446 -->

DSC00820.JPG

i have the strap but i dont ride with it pulled because its real hard to turn. Is your seat comfortable? Shyt looks pretty tight nvr seen it done like that. What kind of track times do you get? Your bike doesnt come up any?

I run consistant 9.20's @ 150+ mph.The front tire is usually an inch or two off the ground in 1st but then settles down either before or when I shift 2nd. You should only strap the front while at the track. Make sure it's not over cables,wires, or clutch line.The seat in the picture sucks, I have a factory one that is cut down that I run now. I'd take a pic but my brother is in Cancun with my camera.

when you get the camera back i'd really like to see it.

<!--EDIT|him
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095682005 -->

streaker00----9.20's buck fifty..you rock...Dayam Very quick..Jealous in Nevada. Sweet!!!
I recently heard a Busa has gone in the 9's at 4,700' elevation..don't know the mod's it's got.
I am soon getting a Muzzy Ti system and P.C. with a good map..he said he was getting 168 rear wheel HP's..WooHoo That outta rock my 53 year old World..And hope to post some numbers before the snow fall's--OOp's it did already in the sierras..Indian summer please...
laugh.gif

streaker00----9.20's buck fifty..you rock...Dayam  Very quick..Jealous in Nevada.  Sweet!!!
I recently heard a Busa has gone in the 9's at 4,700'  elevation..don't know the mod's it's got.
   I am soon getting a Muzzy Ti system and P.C. with a good map..he said he was getting 168 rear wheel HP's..WooHoo That outta rock my 53 year old World..And hope to post some numbers before the snow fall's--OOp's it did already in the sierras..Indian summer please...  
laugh.gif
Thanks for the compliment!! I'm 33 and 200#'s, I'm pretty happy with the way am able to ride. But I know I can do better,just need MORE practice. I should be able to get a low teen outta the bike next week at my buddy's track rental. I don't know if you guys know Mike"ANYTHING BUT" Slowe? He is the most incredible rider I know of,he rode my bike and went 9.0 on his 2nd pass. He said he could get it into the 8's with a couple more passes but it was the end of the night. he said my bike was set up really well. Mike has the world records in the 60" class, I know he's ran 7.77 @ 188.
Good luck with your bikes.

Mike Slowe is the man on a busa (sometimes a Blackbird in SBS) I love watching him at the MiRock races in 60" PSB. Streaker I was thinking about getting one of those CF seat pans, what was it that you didn't like about it?

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095742215 -->

The CF seat is slippery and one pass I was in a slight wheelie and was pushed against the step in the seat,It FUGG'IN COLLAPSED.The step bent right in! What an uneasy feeling. Are you going to Lee's race in November at The Rock?

You bet I'm going I have no other place to race since our local tracks close in the middle of Oct. I may also go to the next MIR race Oct. 16-17. Thanks for letting me know about the CF seat I think I'll just get a Tobin drag seat now. Let me know if your going to the Lee's fall nationals.

My buddy can cut your stock seat for only 50 bucks. He did mine and I love it! I'll post a pic of it maybe Monday,my brother has my camera and is in Cancun.I'm definately going to Lee's race in November.

Back