MT MCR2 vs. 003 US vs. 008 slick

Draco1340

Registered
I am thinking about changing from the much cheaper Shinko 003 US to the more expensive (but stikier and lighter) Mickey Thompson Shoot out tire. Does anyone know what the circumference or diameter difference is between these three tires.

I "think" the MCR2 is a much taller tire. Any help?

I dont know but I have the shinko slick.Has worn great got least 60 runs out of it still going.It will dislocate your spine.You can tell real soft rubber I have move back of bike around to get it all sticky. hooks like a DETROIT street walker ON SATURDAY NIGHT..That thing hooks like truck stop commercial company.:thumbsup:
:rofl: JUST CANT BE BASHFULL ABOUT HEATING IT UP.PUT IN 2ND+LAY INTO IT.
Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Last edited:
if you are running a heads up class....or want to gain a couple of tenths on your ET for grudge racing, go with the Mickey Thompson. smaller size and less weight mean better acceleration.

The shinko's are good, and last forever. however because they are based on a roadrace tire they are heavy.

if you are looking for the most speed, and can afford it go with the MT. if you want something to last, be able to ride on the street and cost less $$ stick to the shinko.

I have 2 disagree in dragracing 60foot time dictates a lot on the time.
You lower your 60 ft your et almost always gets better.You dont hook up your not getting a good time.short time extremly important that shinko slick hooks!!!

Still looking for information on SIZE. All tires have different circumference measurements. I indirectly found a circumference dimension of 76.9" for the Shinko 003US vs. 78" for the Mickey MCR2. Thats a 1.4% difference. Does this sound correct? Any experience in the tire changing the effective gearing.

I have 2 disagree in dragracing 60foot time dictates a lot on the time.
You lower your 60 ft your et almost always gets better.You dont hook up your not getting a good time.short time extremly important that shinko slick hooks!!!

the shinko does not hook better than the MT. the shinko is a cheaper alternative, and it hooks....i have one on by bike right now. the problem is the weight.

i have run both, the MT is the superior tire....but they are pricey.

the shinko does not hook better than the MT. the shinko is a cheaper alternative, and it hooks....i have one on by bike right now. the problem is the weight.

i have run both, the MT is the superior tire....but they are pricey.

Sorry your wrong im talking the shinko slick.Once you spin the tire you can try let off get back in it but most likely its a blown pass.

I been to 5 races this year + have gotten 5 checks not by spinning the tire.

2exbqd4.jpg

your kidding yourself....DOT to DOT the MT is better.

slick to slick, the MT is better.

the MT's are just better.....they are built specifically for drag racing.

Still looking for information on SIZE. All tires have different circumference measurements. I indirectly found a circumference dimension of 76.9" for the Shinko 003US vs. 78" for the Mickey MCR2. Thats a 1.4% difference. Does this sound correct? Any experience in the tire changing the effective gearing.

The taller tire will affect your torque to ground. Having a taller tire might help you hook up better because it will take a bit more leverage to spin. The shorter tire will spin with less leverage. Because the taller tire is the lighter tire I think the difference would be a wash between the two on overall acceleration.

The taller tire will affect your torque to ground. Having a taller tire might help you hook up better because it will take a bit more leverage to spin. The shorter tire will spin with less leverage. Because the taller tire is the lighter tire I think the difference would be a wash between the two on overall acceleration.

:rofl: DO YOU EVEN RACE? HOW MANY YOU WON THIS YEAR?

OK GO WITH THE TALLEST TIRE YOU CAN FIND AND YEA STREET TIRE WORKS BEST.
SOME OF THE INFO YOU GET ONLINE .I GIVE UP DO WHAT YOU LIKE AMIGO.

Last edited:
NIGHTFLIGHT, you are forgetting that your results with a drag bar are going to be completely different than a no-bar bike. Something to think about also since Draco isn't using a wheelie bar... :whistle:

I was only looking for tire dimensions. No dimensions yet, but lots of drama?

I'm all set. Was able to verify dimensions and required gearing through other means.

I was only looking for tire dimensions. No dimensions yet, but lots of drama?

I'm all set. Was able to verify dimensions and required gearing through other means.

I've got a MCR2 in the garage but it is not mounted. I can get you actual static measurement but I don't have any 003s around here any more. Here are a couple of pictures. The top is a MCR2, the bottom is a Mich. I think your measurements are pretty close. I never noticed a change in gearing but it could have been 50 rpm at the line and I wouldn't have notice. I rarely compared mph vs rpm because it was difficult to tell where I actually chopped the throttle. I would usually keep it pinned through the lights to get a top end full data log.

One thing you have to factor in is that the MCR2 might grow more at 140mph than the others due to less plys in the sidewall. It sure will on the 160+ bikes, I've watch several going across the line.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Wow, there is no comparison between the Shinko 003 ultra soft and the MT MCR2. Data logs and Time Slips are fact, not subjective opinion.

This weekend on the MCR2 @ 17 psi I ran: 1.399, 1.401, 1.399, 1.398 for 60' times.
On the 003 US @ 13 psi I typically get around 1.42 to 1.44, but frequently spin.

That may not seem like much, but that is a huge difference. Its not even a close comparison. The tire also run about a 1/2 mph faster due to higher tire pressure.

Back