heh, atleast i had fun

O Holy P

Registered
Wanted to see some good friends this weekend. A few of whom are putting together the LTX Shootout here in KC, MO. They have the track rented tomorrow for any vehicle powered by an LT1/4/x type engine. I was here last year and I'm here again this year and unable to bring my car. So what do I do? I load the bike into the truck and take off. 2 days of driving 1300 miles one way...looooooooooong. Anyway I get here and we have two trailers that are camped out here so I am staying in one. I get the bike unloaded here, and just let it set, and clean it up from all of the rain that got poured onto me while leaving FL. I didn't really want to pay and run seeing as I can do it for free during the shootout. But what the hell....paid $20 (ouch) for 1 run!!! I hoped that I'd get more than one in, I'm still peeved about that. Anyway, I get the suit and boots on and grab the lid & gloves and head to the lane. First time suited up, and first time on the strip. The boots I found out were just a little big for my taste so I'll be prolly hunting for some new ones and selling mine. Real hard to feel out the shifter as I found out.

First run out = no burnout, stock tire pressure and strapped & lowered rear. I'm just glad I made it without ending up on the pavement to tell you the truth and it was fun. I lined up against my brother who brought his Harley Night Train w/ N20. Well I had no problem spanking him by a long shot, but here's the result.... 11.5 @ 126 with a 2.1 sixty! I finished in 3rd gear because of the boots, I couldn't feel what was going on, just going through the motions. Attempted twice before I got it to go into 3rd gear. I'll be working on technique pretty much all day tomorrow, gotta lot to learn. :thumbsup: This is gonna be friggin addicting. I thought I had enough of the 1/4 mile with the car...j33z!

Last edited:
Alright, got a chance to run this morning a few more times. Will run again some more later.

10.3 @ 135 w/ a 1.7 sixty...so I'm gettin tha hang of it. :beerchug: And godamn it's hot w/ my gear on here!

Alright, got a chance to run this morning a few more times. Will run again some more later.

10.3 @ 135 w/ a 1.7 sixty...so I'm gettin tha hang of it. :beerchug: And godamn it's hot w/ my gear on here!
And soon you will be spending hours of your life and all your money chasing a few tenths of a second........
Ain't it fun?:rofl:
Good work on that 60'
And ya it's hot in leathers, but better that than ventilating your skin.........

Here's the slip...got a video of a 10.5 pass I think. Waiting on a friend to send it to me.

busatimeslip.jpg

Back