Anybody running a strut with NO BARS?

Nhra4127

Registered
I plan on running some bracket races with a strut, slick & wheelie bars but I still wanna be able to ride everyday and make no bar hits on days I'm not bracket racing. I'll be taking the bar off and of course the slick has to go for the street but what about the strut?

It can be done, but it will have you pi$$ing blood. Also I would be concerned about lack of control, like running a front strap on the street. They put suspension on street bikes for a reason.......

struts n bars are for race use only. sure you can pull down your nice smooth street with it on the bike but you shouldn't be street ridding with this kind of a setup.

So strut, bars and slick ON - strut, bars & slick OFF. All for one and one for all! Thanks!

P.S. I have no interest in pi$$ing blood! :lol:

I rode a Z1 on the street with struts and put the bars back on the weekends. That was in 1983 and I didn't think anything of it. I wasn't very smart back then either. Pretty primative suspension setup, but its worked OK through the 1940s, and as long as I only kept 15 psi in the tire, I didn't fall off. Again, I wasn't too smart back then.

I run my busa on street with strut.have never pissed any blood.Will make 4 rough ride gota be carefull hitting bumps on a smooth road its realy no problem just dont go fast if yu know road is rough.I run a slick on street but I dont ride a lot mostly just track.Will wear the slick out faster on street.I been running the shinko slick Im prob going get 100 runs out of it really impressed how long its lasted.YOu can do it just be carefull take it easy on the street with the strut.If you were going fast and came to some bad bumps it could buck you off.

Last edited:
I run my busa on street with strut.have never pissed any blood.Will make 4 rough ride gota be carefull hitting bumps on a smooth road its realy no problem just dont go fast if yu know road is rough.I run a slick on street but I dont ride a lot mostly just track.Will wear the slick out faster on street.I been running the shinko slick Im prob going get 100 runs out of it really impressed how long its lasted.YOu can do it just be carefull take it easy on the street with the strut.If you were going fast and came to some bad bumps it could buck you off.

You ever make any hits at the track with that set up without the bars?

Running a slick and strut on the street is foolish. Most states will have your azz in trouble if you get caught with a slick, besides the fact that if you hit a wet patch of road leaned over you're done. I may have been exaggerating a little about the blood but you know what I mean. Bottom line is that it's your bike and your health and life.
Do what makes ya happy........

You ever make any hits at the track with that set up without the bars?

Cant say that I have.

Im 40% perminetly impaired right leg so I prefer use bars.
I dont ride in rain very limited street riding but I do have plates+Ins on the bike.MY CROSSOVER DELAY BOX WOULD GET RUINED IN THE RAIN.:sulk:

THATS WITH SLICK+STRUT.lAUNCHING OFF LAUNCH BOX RPM LIMITER @ 7,600RPM 1.53 SHORT TIME.i BEEN TO FIVE RACES + TAKEN HOME 5 CHECKS SO FAR 4 SECOND PLACE+1 THIRD PLACE.iM LEADING POINTS EVANSVILLE RACEWAY SO FAR.ThOSE LAUNCH BOXES IMPROVE 60 FT TIME CAUSE
I was thinking I was launching at 7 grand but prob letting rpm drop when looking @ lights.With that thing theres no guess work @ your rpm.
http://tinypic.com/r/20ht3eg/5

- Immigration Man by Graham Nash[/url]

I THINK MY BUDDY ON THIS KZ1000 RUNNING STRUT NO BAR BUT HE HAS A SLIDER CLUTCH

HE DONT GET KILLER MPH ONY HAS 1075 PISTONS SMALL CARBS BUT SHORT TIME IN MID--UPPER 1.40,S

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=9iuyiu&s=5

http://tinypic.com/r/30wxbhe/5

Thats his pappy on kz900 (1260BIG BLOCK) 36 FLATSLIDE CARBS

http://tinypic.com/r/nf5i11/5

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, lets turn this one around, any one ever run a bar with out the strut? after vacation this week, I'm putting the mono shock back on and lossing the bar. hav'nt been riding the busa on the street sence the crash last year, but I'm tired of letting it set in the barn waiting for a trip to the track. Can I still use the bar with the mono shock when I go to the track?

You can but wont work as well+mabe beware of handling probs.Because when the rollers on bar hit then the shock will react I have hard of people doing it but havent myself.Im thinking after rollers hit then tire might spin when shock dips a little.

thanks for the input nightflight, thats the biggest problem with running a bar, if its set to high it will unload the tire. anyone ever try this first hand let me know. Its a major pain to swap out the mono shock.

Back