1/4 miles speed?

69chevydr

Registered
Is it possible for a stock motor bike (07 Busa) to 33 mph increase on the back half?
1/8th-119.40 mph
1/4 - 151.78 mph

NO NOS spray yet. I to thought it was a fluke pass. Made a pass same lane about 45 minutes later and same 119.60 1/8th and 150.70 1/4 ??

It's completely possible if the bike is setup correctly. How much do you weight...?

I'm 220 and picked up almost 31mph on my 03 with 87 pump gas (no MR9). I've seen more than that but they were 150lb. guys... ;)

Both mph seem a little high for a bone stock bike, but the differential is about right. Could be that your track has its timers a little too close together, my local track does......

:laugh:

I'm referring to basic bolt-on's like my sig, never removing a valve cover or touching anything on the top/bottom end... ;)

So if I've replaced the crank (spun a bearing last summer) with another stocker, but put a thinner head gasket on and had the head done my motor ain't stock no more? To me standard bore/stroke is a stock motor. That's just me though..........
:beerchug:

Once you cracked that motor apart and put in anything other than original stock parts that motor is not stock......

So if I've replaced the crank (spun a bearing last summer) with another stocker, but put a thinner head gasket on and had the head done my motor ain't stock no more? To me standard bore/stroke is a stock motor. That's just me though..........
:beerchug:

A thinner head gasket isn't stock (raises compression) so even though bore/stroke is the same it's not stock. Then again different head/cam isn't stock either so stock motor would be a little misleading... :laugh:

It could be another big debate... :poke: j/k

I've had guys tell me "the block and head are original so it's a stock motor"... :rofl:

thats about what mine did when it had a stock motor. 119-120 in the 1/8, 150ish on the back end. most dont seem to run that well though...

I just looked back thru my slips. Here at Mason Dixon my best mph pick up was diff of 25mph, but at MIR best diff was 30mph 1/8 to 1/4.

Stock Motor definition. If its been worked on with other than "stock" parts its not stock.
If something inside has been replaced with "stock Suzuki parts" with original specs than its stock.
Oh by the way that mph gain on the back half is entirely possible. Ive run my 08 and have picked up from 23 mph to as much as 27 mph and I am a BIGG guy.

It's completely possible if the bike is setup correctly. How much do you weight...?

I'm 220 and picked up almost 31mph on my 03 with 87 pump gas (no MR9). I've seen more than that but they were 150lb. guys... ;)

I weigh about 215 ready to race. And engine has only had clutches put in it and other add ons ,No internal work or mods.

Stock Motor definition. If its been worked on with other than "stock" parts its not stock.
If something inside has been replaced with "stock Suzuki parts" with original specs than its stock.
Oh by the way that mph gain on the back half is entirely possible. Ive run my 08 and have picked up from 23 mph to as much as 27 mph and I am a BIGG guy.
So if I put an oem 08 crank in my 00 it's still stock?:rofl:
Just kidding I know what ya mean. Regardless, to me stock bore/stroke is a stock motor.

Back