2008 tougher to launch then Gen1

8secBusa

Registered
Well I sold my 07, waited a year and just bought a 08. I will say this, the 08's are much harder to launch.. Stock my 07 I managed a 10.0 at 137 with a 1.65 60ft ( I am 235lbs). I went last friday on my 08, the best I could manage was a 10.3 at 140 with a 1.75 60ft. This new busa has a lot more tq, I was on and off the gas as it was standing up hard at 8000rpm.

Well, since last week I added a pipe, power commander, lowered it, and dropped 1 tooth in the frt. Even on the street, rolling into the throttle, 7500 rpm it stands up hard. This should be a feat to get it down the track.. I heard that some were launching in B mode then toggling up to A mode. Perhaps thats the trick?

i heard you can't change the mode when rolling i want to know if its true can you change mode when riding in gear ?????????????/:rulez:

Think about it for a second....the Gen-II has 20rwhp more than the old bike, shorter gearing, and shorter wheelbase.....of course it's going to be tougher to ride stock... :laugh:

Just have fun, be safe, and get more practice the times will come down! :beerchug:

When I raced today, ran a best of 9.67 at 145mph. Still had wheelie issues, but got it more under control. I need to really take it back to stock gearing, the 1 down frt is a handfull on the top of 1st gear.

Back