Need to know what i'm doing wrong

oreo

Registered
we dont have a 1/4 mile track around here anymore all we have is a 1/8 and a 1000ft but the distance isnt my problem launching and the 60ft is my reaction time was .53 but then it died on me twice i only got to run it three times and the third time it didnt die but it almost did am i not in the throttle enough my ran it once and got

reaction: .531
60ft: 1.72
330: 4.37
1/8: 6.56
1/8 mph: 111.36
1000 ET: 8.47
1000 mph: 129.27

I'm not a 1/4 mile guy..but are you sitting at the line at an idle when the staging lights come on? I would be holding at about 4K on the tach, then good controled clutch on the green.

But like I said....I'm not a 1/4 mile guy :race: But I have heard it takes a lot of practice, so I wouldn't get down if it's your first time.

Yep, practice, practice, practice. Get your seat time in you'll get better.:thumbsup:

we dont have a 1/4 mile track around here anymore all we have is a 1/8 and a 1000ft but the distance isnt my problem launching and the 60ft is my reaction time was .53 but then it died on me twice i only got to run it three times and the third time it didnt die but it almost did am i not in the throttle enough my ran it once and got

reaction: .531
60ft: 1.72
330: 4.37
1/8: 6.56
1/8 mph: 111.36
1000 ET: 8.47
1000 mph: 129.27

Here is what a guru in dragracing had me do ( work on your 60ft. times only) no need to run the bike through the 1/8mi and hammer on it, when you can get a pretty good 60ft time then make your 1/8mi run. A pretty good 60ft. time should be around mid 1.6 hope this helps

I agree. You can ride the bike as hard as you want down the track but if you dont have the first half ( 60ft-330ft) you wont see huge gains. Practice your 60s, and then carry it through to the 330ft. Your 60s can be good but alot of times you can come up after that killing the 330 which is just as important. After the 330ft if the bike is under controll its just a sunday drive. Get your rpms set at the first bulb take your time and race yourself. Your not doing to bad to start with, what is your bike and set up.

try to make some single passes so your not thinking about the guy next to you. leave the line like you would if you were leaving a stop light hard, and try to get the hammer down before the one two shift. some guys leave with the left foot on the pegg so they can make the 1-2 shift, if you ain't having trouble getting your foot on the pegg, you ain't leaving hard enuff!

Thank you guys you all have been helpful i have a 06 Busa with Muzzy exhaust and headers i know i need more practice time its just the track is only open for test and tune on friday's and they have bracket races every other saturday which doesnt help me cause it cost to much to get thrown out in the first run i wish we had a track open everyday

o and in my first post i meant to say that those are my buddy's times on my bike mine arent worth mentioning

Back