Gen I vs Gen II

juiced-r1

Registered
Hi Guys,

I am looking into getting a Busa very shortly. I have owned quite a few bikes, including an R1 and 06 ZX10R with nitrous kit, etc. Right now I only have my dirt bike: Yamaha YZ450F.

My question for those of you who have had both generations of Hayabusa, is:

Is the new generation Busa a better drag bike / all-round bike than the old bike? In what ways, etc?

The reason I ask is because if I get the Gen I, I will probably end up going turbo and stretched but if I get the Gen II, my finances will only allow subtle mods (like strapping and lowering) for a while.

Thanks all. Great site you have here! :bowdown:

Gen2 makes 20 more hp stock...but if you are going turbo, you should switch out the valves. All depends on how much you are trying to get out of it.

I should mention that I am 6'5" and weigh roughly 215. So any extra power is going to be good! I guess I would be happy with high 9s for a stock-ish Gen II and low 9s, high 8s for a turbo Gen I.

:welcome:
I think as for now the G1 has more aftermarket racing parts than the G2.
My .02 is get the 9s stock-ish Gen II and down the road get it to low 9 or high 8. You will be happy with either one.

If your ultimate goal is to go turbo then you might as well get a Gen1 at a good price and save up for the turbo.

:welcome:to the .oRg.

This is what I think... :laugh:

High Mileage Ho.jpg

Hi Guys,

I am looking into getting a Busa very shortly. I have owned quite a few bikes, including an R1 and 06 ZX10R with nitrous kit, etc. Right now I only have my dirt bike: Yamaha YZ450F.

My question for those of you who have had both generations of Hayabusa, is:

Is the new generation Busa a better drag bike / all-round bike than the old bike? In what ways, etc?

The reason I ask is because if I get the Gen I, I will probably end up going turbo and stretched but if I get the Gen II, my finances will only allow subtle mods (like strapping and lowering) for a while.

Thanks all. Great site you have here! :bowdown:
Stock for stock the gen2 is faster....and will def be a better track bike. They're built on the same frame....only diffs are more power, better brakes, and diff suspension. The only real stand-out diffs are better brakes and more power. If you're going to boost, the gen1 is much more boost friendly, and much better to boost on the stock engine. A boosted gen1 versus a bolt-ons only gen2? No contest, the gen1 will be putting out 250-260rwhp on the stock motor, the gen2 with bolt-ons will be high 180's rwhp. If bang for the buck is your priority, a boosted 1st gen is the ticket imo :thumbsup:

Back