what's next?

joncook06

Registered
I just did my first drag race as alot of you know. I was wondering if I should change my front sprocket down a tooth or so. I want to do the front because it's hidden, but will it make the bike too punchy. Or should I not worry about that for now and just focus on my launches?

60Ft was 2.0037 with 1/4 time of 10.82 @135.26mph best 60ft was 1.8953. It was my first time ever drag racing a bike.

Last edited:
you still have a lot more in it stock you can make up a lot of time on your 60ft alone. I would work on that before changing things. then start the upgrades.:beerchug:

Just a little more practice is all. You should be shooting for 1.7's at stock height and 1.5's slammed down (STOCK wheelbase and NO wheelie bar)... ;)

droping one tooth in the front is a good thing for more than just the luanch,it will take a lot of stress off you out put shaft, and yes your bike will feel crisper.

I'd get more practice before you drop a tooth on the front. It changes the way the bike launches since you now need to leave harder with the lower gearing. Some people drop there ET and some don't so be careful if you've been racing with the stock gearing for a long time. It will surprise you the difference....

Back