Could an R1 beat me?

joncook06

Registered
A riding buddy of mine is pretty into drag racing and is a little too cocky, he says he would beat me no problem in the 1/4. He has an 03 R1 with an exhaust not sure if it's a slip on or full, and a larger back sprocket. Last week he ran 11.17 at 130mph.According the stats on my K8 Busa I would beat him easily but those were done with a pro rider I have never dragged, but have been riding a few years, also he weighs about 180 and I'm 220. My only mod is a the dual Yoshi r22 slip-ons. My wife won't let me race, not yet anyways. But this guy just gets under my skin always talking about how slow and heavy the Busa is.

Could an R1 beat you? Yes. Anybody can get beat. Stats are meaningless. Go race him and find out......

If the wife let me I would practice a couple of weekends before racing him, But He's one of those people that if I won there would be so many excuses. But it's still frustrating.

If the wife let me I would practice a couple of weekends before racing him, But He's one of those people that if I won there would be so many excuses. But it's still frustrating.
Practice on the street. When I first got into drag racing a guy told me "take off like you're leaving a stop sign quickly" It works til you get the hang of launching hard. Judging from the time you said he ran he's not had much practice himself, so you're not too far behind him. :beerchug:

A riding buddy of mine is pretty into drag racing and is a little too cocky, he says he would beat me no problem in the 1/4. He has an 03 R1 with an exhaust not sure if it's a slip on or full, and a larger back sprocket. Last week he ran 11.17 at 130mph.According the stats on my K8 Busa I would beat him easily but those were done with a pro rider I have never dragged, but have been riding a few years, also he weighs about 180 and I'm 220. My only mod is a the dual Yoshi r22 slip-ons. My wife won't let me race, not yet anyways. But this guy just gets under my skin always talking about how slow and heavy the Busa is.

I would spank your buddy all over the track with my bone stock 03. I am overweight at 230lbs too. I am so confident that I would put money on it in my jobless state.

I run consistent 10.2 without pushing the bike. With a strap I can get into the 9s due to a better launch. Just ask DO3 :poke:

My 30 yr old CBX runs the quarter in the mid 11s...:thumbsup: I had a 1970 CB750 bored to 852cc with jetted carbs and pipes and it ran in the low 12s. If you can launch w/o a wheelie and the least amount of wheel spin, you should be able to smack him good with a Busa.

Anyone can beat...but will an R1 beat a Busa on a straight with same level rider. The answer is NO. Lots of twisty, probably. A lot depends on skill of rider.

I would spank your buddy all over the track with my bone stock 03. I am overweight at 230lbs too. I am so confident that I would put money on it in my jobless state.

I run consistent 10.2 without pushing the bike. With a strap I can get into the 9s due to a better launch. Just ask DO3 :poke:

Yes Revvv wore me out, but I'm not a drag racer and didn't launch hard, but still managed to run high 10s with a stock '06. A shifter would be nice. I had trouble getting my foot up to shift. Had to start with my left foot on the peg.

#1 Practice on your launch

#2 Dont tell the wife

#3 You should beat him

#4 Dont tell the wife

First thing you need to do is get your ole lady in line! aint no women gonna tell me not to race.if she tells you not to do somthing, you should go do it just for spite! trust me i've been married for 27 years. get that strait now and save your self a lot of pain, if not at least stop saying that crap in public! as for the r1, you should wax his a$$ (my wife says your'e a wuss)

First thing you need to do is get your ole lady in line! aint no women gonna tell me not to race.if she tells you not to do somthing, you should go do it just for spite! trust me i've been married for 27 years. get that strait now and save your self a lot of pain, if not at least stop saying that crap in public! as for the r1, you should wax his a$$ (my wife says your'e a wuss)

Are you revoking his mancard :whistle:

On paper ya should beat him, butALOT depends on the experience of the rider. If you've never drag raced b4 then practice,practice,PRACTICE:thumbsup: The launch is everything to getting low E.T. and good luck I hope ya open up that can O' whoooopa$$ on him....:laugh:

:laugh: If you can't beat that R1...

bill murray you suck.jpg

I beat many busas with my 05 R1. The difference will almost always be the rider skill level. If you have never drag raced a bike and he has he might have slight edge. Although i know for a fact your bike is faster, and he gets you off the line your going to have to run him down and that usually isnt a good situation because it causes you to make more mistakes. Get some practice first, or find a nice hidden road and do a slow roller to even the playing field some.

Back