do i still need to strap it?

justa-busa-girl

Registered
hello, im going to lower the front of my bike about and inch with spacers, im assuming i still should strap the front? just checking because ive never lowered the front of a bike before.. thank you!!

All depends on track conditions and stretch and if you ride the clutch past the 60' or not. I still pull the front a few inches and then the rear will break loose in second and third. you just have to play around. Oh and wait for Professor...

the strap is designed to keep you from using upward momentum to wheelie (slide hammer effect).. just need to strap it enough to keep it from compressing at all when you are on the bike.. pulling it further down may provide some help but the biggest thing is to keep the front end from being uncompressed on the leave.. watch your 60' times.. it will tell a story as you change the height..

the strap is designed to keep you from using upward momentum to wheelie (slide hammer effect).. just need to strap it enough to keep it from compressing at all when you are on the bike.. pulling it further down may provide some help but the biggest thing is to keep the front end from being uncompressed on the leave.. watch your 60' times.. it will tell a story as you change the height..

thanks guys, ive always strapped my bike, but wasnt sure if it needed to be when it was lowered in the front, so like you said ill experment .. last year i raced it just lowered in the middle hole in the rear and strapped the front, this year its stretched 4 inches, geared 2 up in the rear, with a shinko tire. so im assuming its gonna want to wheelie, so i thought lowering it one inch in the front will at least help a little. I want to be as consistant as i can be since im in a points series. so i want a setup that works well on our very well prepped strip

throw them over your shoulders and use them as suspenders....that is after your runs with the front end strapped about an inch

I have mine lowered in the front also but I use my Schnitz strap also. I am lowered about an inch and I think I need to come up just a bit though. When I strap it down it tends to also sit right on my front wheel. Just got her painted so that is going to change. Just watch those right hand turns on the return road!

thanks guys, ive always strapped my bike, but wasnt sure if it needed to be when it was lowered in the front, so like you said ill experment .. last year i raced it just lowered in the middle hole in the rear and strapped the front, this year its stretched 4 inches, geared 2 up in the rear, with a shinko tire. so im assuming its gonna want to wheelie, so i thought lowering it one inch in the front will at least help a little. I want to be as consistant as i can be since im in a points series. so i want a setup that works well on our very well prepped strip

Same as what he said. The main reason to strap is to prevent the front end from generating momentum on the launch that could lead to a wheely. If the front end stays down, then the bike has to pick up dead weight which is much harder to do. = better launches.

mines dropped with a billet triple and still strap also, when its at the track the front end is in the weeds but it 60ft's and thats what matters

Back