Need some help plz.

BiggDaddyBusa08

Registered
I finally got the chance to get to the track this weekend. (englishtown)
It didnt go to well. First run the airshifter worked but when I hit 3rd gear it stalled the engine. Back in the pits I put it up on the rear stand and tested the airshifter. Reved it up to 6000 rpm and hit the the button, it shifted into each gear no problem. 2nd run same thing happened engine stalled in 3rd gear. ??? I do have the Brocks clutch mod installed and clutch does feel different, kinda mushy and soft. I dont know if this is a clutch problem or an airshifter problem . any one have any suggestions. Its an 08....

The clutch shouldn't be mushy and soft. If you have the clutch mod, it should be firm and smooth (slightly harder lever pull). Sounds more like an air shifter problem if it's not shifting.

Is the bike stalling when you hit the button or what...? Does it go into 4th then stall or stick in 3rd and stall after hitting the limiter...? Does the shifter work fine when on the street in the same scenario...?

I does shift, I put it up on the rear stand and it shifts into all gears but when on the track it only went to 3rd and stalled. As far as the clutch I did have the handlebars off to change the top clamp and possibly have gotten air bubbles in the clutch master cylinder. I did bleed it out but could be possible that air is still in there. Also I noticed that the clutch pushrod only moves 1/4 inch is that normal?

I think I have discovered the problem. The kill box(ignition) is adjustable for the amount of ignition kill time, I wanted to increase the kill time and I went the wrong way. Would that have caused it to stall?

YEAH!! I found the problem. My fault to :whistle: I went the wrong way when I adjusted the "kill" time, shuda went the other way:stoopid: Thnx for the help...:thumbsup:

Last year when I had compressed air for my shifter, sometimes the pressure would drop enough not to make the 3rd or 4th gear shift. Luckily I had my feet up and ready to shift. I really only relied on the air for the 1st to 2nd shift. This year I've got the co2 setup but hadn't had the time to test it.

Back