ultra soft psi?

I use 40 front and rear for daily commute and 36 at the drag strip on the rear

10 lbs at the strip. Here is a pic of a 6th gear rolling burnout to the staging lights. Chicks dig it.

img003.jpg

What kind of contact patch do you get with 10 PSI and do you experience any tire slip within the rim ?

4" over and I start at 25psi. Usually works well on a well prepped track. I've gone as low as 12psi on an unprepped track. 18psi is does well for average tracks. Just some of my experiences.

what psi is a good starting point with the shinko 003 ultra soft?

What wheelbase, weight. Non Bar bike? What mods. What do you weigh?

What is your method of launching? What kind of track conditions?

You want to run as much PSI as you can and still hook the tire to the track.

Moparict gave you some good numbers. As an extreem... I have seen anywhere from 8-30 being used.

I might run a couple of races. I'll be there watching but I'm not going to run the season.

thanks for the input! suited up about 250lbs I'm running a bar, solid strut, 16/44 gears, yosh pipes, pc111, muzzy air shift, lowering bushing up front with vortex triple clamp, lowering links out back, brocks clutch mod, ape clutch pack, 40lbs clutch springs, msd stu-u-u-der box, harlend shift light, think thats about it.

thanks for the input on the psi ? I posted my mods, but I guess the thread died. I droped to 11psi it hooked hard but at that psi my bar was way to low and unloaded the tire. did'nt have the right tools to make the adjustment at the track. my best time was 6.33/112 mph (1/8ml) thats launching on the 2 step at 7000 rpm

This was from dragbike.com
:: DRAGBIKE.COM :: DRAGBIKE MAGAZINE :: Not Just Full of Hot Air ::
Class
Tire brand
Tire Type
Bar/
No-bar
Air Pressure lbs.
Nitrogen/Air

PET
MT
7" Slick
Bar
8.25 to 8.75
Nitrogen

PET
MT
7" Slick
Bar
Nitrogen

SET/ SF/ PET
Shinko Ultra Soft
Street Slick
No Bar
Air

1/8th mile ET
MT
7" Slick
Bar
6.5 to 7
Nitrogen

PET
MT
7" Slick
Bar
Air

1/8th mile ET
Goodyear
D-6
Bar
Nitrogen

PET / Pro Gas
MT
26/10 Slick
Bar
4 3/4 to 6 1/4
Nitrogen

1/8th mile
MT
7" Slick
Bar
7 to 10
Air

PET
MT
7" Slick
Bar
14 to 15
Air

Super Sportbike
Road race take off
Street Slick
No Bar
Air

Top Gas
MT
10" Slick
Bar
Nitrogen

SC / PET
MT
7" Slick
Bar
6 to 7
Nitrogen

SG
MT
7" Slick
Bar
Air

SC
MT
7" Slick
Bar
Air

ET
MT
7" Slick
Bar
Air

PET
Goodyear
7" Slick
Bar
Air

PET
Goodyear
7" Slick
Bar
Air

PET
Phoenix
7" Car Tire
Bar
5 3/4
Nitrogen

ET
Goodyear
7" Slick
Bar
Air

What wheelbase, weight. Non Bar bike? What mods. What do you weigh?

What is your method of launching? What kind of track conditions?

You want to run as much PSI as you can and still hook the tire to the track.

Moparict gave you some good numbers. As an extreem... I have seen anywhere from 8-30 being used.

+1 need know that 2 advise I run 12pounds on my shinko slick(was going 14) but im useing bars.Your weight matters I have seen bikes bottom out on rim with real low air+heavy rider dont want that.Of course 4 street+ dragstrip going be 2 diffrent things.I wouldnt run real low air on the street.

Last edited:
Back